An alternate history of World War II as played out in a game of Axis & Allies:
- First the UK destroyed the German fleet. Japan then destroyed the American fleet at Pearl Harbor. The U.S. began to mobilize.
- With only one u-boat left Germany focused it’s attention on Russian and conquered Moscow. The UK continued to conduct bombing runs over Europe. Japan invaded Hawaii.
- Russian partisans moved into Manchuria. Germany continued to push through Africa and Russian territories. The British forces in Africa were put on the defensive while their Naval power managed to take control of the Mediterranean Sea. Japan invaded Mexico. U.S. & Chinese forces attempted to remove Japan from mainland asia.
- Russian partisans moved into China to provide reinforcements. Germany invaded western China. The U.S. liberated Mexico from the Japanese & landed their first wave in Algeria.
- Russian partisans continued to harass Japanese and German forces in Asia. British and American forces began to retake Africa. Japan invaded Western Canada. The U.S. invaded southern Europe and liberated Canada from the Japanese.
We weren’t able to finish, but what appeared at first to be a game dominated by the Axis Powers gradually turned into a grueling affair with much territory being exchanged back and forth. Near the end, it seemed as thought the tide was turning in the Allies favor.